• An eminent scholar who
hails from a family which commands a special distinction in
knowledge and learning.
• His forefathers were the founders of Darululoom Deoband
– “the Azhar” of India.
• Product of Darululoom Deoband, from where he obtained
his Mufti degree in 1958. Then he left for Saudi
further studies at Madina University.
• Worked at Darululoom Deoband for 12 years after the
completion of his formal education.
• In 1973, he was given the responsibility of Darul Ifta
of the state of Punjab as Chief Mufti.
• Written a number of articles and research papers besides
which he has more than sixty regular books
also to his credit
One of his rare accomplishments is that
he has done extensive codification of the
Islamic laws by giving detailed
references from their main sources
- the Qur’an, Hadith and Fiqh.
• Known as outstanding speaker